I’m back from a busy but very successful summer. I hope you all had a great break and enjoyed the summer sun! I move into my dorm tomorrow and before life gets busy, I wanted to set some goals for my self before my semester starts. Since there are 15 weeks in a semester, I wrote 15 goals I wish to achieve. At the end of the semester, I will do a recap and let you know if I accomplish these goals.
1.Higher GPA. I ended my Freshman year with a 3.5 GPA, but I want to challenge my self to do even better. I hope to have my name on the Dean’s Honor List. This means that I would need a GPA of 3.6 or higher. Fingers crossed!
2. Eat Healthier. Last Year I got a bit carried away with my meal plan and gained some weight. My plan is to eat choose the healthier options at the cafeteria and make the best decisions that I can. This means more fruit & vegetables and less fries.
3. Find an Ideal Place to Study. Freshman year, one thing I struggled with was finding a good place to sit and focus. Studying in my room was not the right environment for me. I hope to spend more time in the library or study room and dedicate time specifically to studying.
4. Find a Balance. I have to admit, I probably spent more time socializing than doing schoolwork last semester. I hope to find a happy balance where I can complete all my work and still have fun.
5. Stay Active. I told my self last semester I was going to stay fit but I did not quite focus on that until the end of the semester when it was too late. So whether it takes going to the gym, going on a hike, a run or walk or even going to zumba… I want to be active at least 4 out of the 7 days of the week.
6. Focus on Faith. While going to church every Sunday is great, I want to become stronger in my faith. I want to spend time doing devotions, journaling in my Bible, or visit the Meditation chapel or labyrinth.
7. Be More Active in Clubs. I am a part of several clubs but I was not as committed to attending the meetings as I wish I was. While I want to attend as many meetings as I can, my main focus is ClubTeach and I would love to attend everyone of those meetings.
8. Don’t Go Overboard on Spending Money. I worked very hard over the summer to earn money so I wouldn’t necessarily need a job during the school year. With this being said, I want to save as much money as I can but of course it will be nice to treat my self every so often. I want to eventually move off campus, so with that future goal, it should help me stay on track.
9. Be a Good Mentor. Since I am a Peer Advisor this year, I really want to focus on building a relationship with my peer students. I hope to help them ease through the process and become close to them all. Even though this goes against my healthy eating plan, I want to make them brownies or cookies every so often just for fun.
10. Read for Fun. This is something that I completely lost sight of. Instead of watching Netflix or scrolling mindlessly on social media, I should pick up a book instead. I have a few books in mind that I want to read. I might even write a blog review if I choose to challenge myself.
11. Keep up with this Blog and Videos. When I set my mind to it, one thing I really loved was writing for my blog or making videos to share. I want to post at least every other week. I tried every week and that did not go so well so I do not want to set unrealistic expectations again.
12. Learn Guitar. Last year for Christmas, I asked for a guitar. Now that I have it, I want to focus on becoming good at it. I know the basics, but I want to work past. All it takes is some dedication and practice.
13. Get Involved in a Classroom. Last semester, I helped out in a 5th grade classroom which was an amazing experience. I hope to keep this up and continue to observe. I know this goal will be easier considering it will be required for one of my classes.
14. Go Out for Some Fun: go to Disneyland, SixFlags, go bowling or something along those lines. Although this goes a bit against my save money goal, it is a good idea to get off campus for some fun every once in a while. I want to do something fun like this at least once a month.
15. Stay Organized. All the goals above can not be achieved if I do not stay organized. I spent a lot of time looking at planners hoping to find the perfect one for me. To be successful in all this it might require to do lists, and a daily schedule, which are two things I do not mind.
I know this may seem like a lot to accomplish and trust me it is, but if I set my mind to it, I hope to succeed.